Public cloud hosting refers to a standard computing model wherein the vendor will make computing resources available to businesses and individuals across the Internet. Public cloud hosting may be either free of cost or vendors may charge you on a pay-as-you-use basis. So, you end up paying only for the resources that you use and nothing extra. This type of cloud hosting has been termed as public cloud hosting only for the purpose of differentiating it from private cloud hosting. The latter is a proprietary data center where computing resources cater to only a single business. There is also another type called the hybrid cloud which integrates the private and public cloud models.
Why is public cloud hosting used?
Public clouds are preferred by individuals and businesses that may not need a high level of security and infrastructure for data storage. It offers the following benefits:
• Scalability: When you sign up for public cloud hosting your business benefits from a very high degree of scalability. You can access resources in real time. This is possible because resources get drawn from a big resource pool that is obtained from a wide network of servers. This makes it possible for businesses to respond to all kinds of changes in traffic seamlessly.
• Affordability: Public cloud hosting is popular because it is highly affordable. Since businesses can avail of resources from multiple servers, it is possible to achieve what is called “economies of scale”. The management and operation of resources is collectively shared and you will not have to spend money on hardware or on manpower to manage the hardware. It is also cost-effective because clients will only have to make payments for the resources which they are using. Most cloud providers follow a utility pricing model where you pay as you use.
• Reliability: Public cloud hosting is preferred as it is reliable. The redundant servers involved in such an environment ensure that even if a single server fails, others will take over the workload.
• Flexibility: Public clouds will offer a variety of services like PaaS, SaaS and IaaS which may be accessed from all web-enabled devices. These will be able to satisfy most computing needs for individuals and businesses alike.
• Location Advantage: Finally, with public cloud hosting, you get to experience location related benefits. In other words, that no matter where you may be located, you will be able to access data from any device, as long as you are able to connect to the Internet. This naturally helps to improve productivity at work and ensures smooth and timely completion of projects. Employees will be able to work on the same projects from various geographical locations spread all across the globe.
So the public cloud is an economical alternative to the private cloud hosting where you do not have to sign up for contracts. You can simply pay by the hour and you are not bound to pay for resources which you will not need. The hardware will be shared since it is a multi-tenant environment. It is not recommended for businesses that want a fully-managed service; it is useful for technical buyers keen to install and manage their own servers.
Wanna more info related to public cloud hosting call at:-1800-212-2022, or mail at:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Also see this:-